Sunday, April 15, 2018

Major Blog Post #6

Spring break is over, my athletes are back, and this week we hit the ground running.

This week was our last preparation week before our fourth max week.  Basketball ended so all of my players that were playing basketball are back with me in the weight room which increased my daily attendance.  One challenge I had this week was scaling down the basketball players workouts.  Obviously, since this was the basketballs players first week back in the weight room, they wouldn't be near the strength level that the rest of my athletes are at.  I had to be careful each day to make small changes to the intensity level and volume of exercises that my basketball players were to do, until their bodies, for a lack of a better phrase, catch up. 

As far as the actual workouts, I kept it business as usual.  Monday was our lower day and Tuesday was our upper/chest day.  Boxed in yellow below shows the volume, or the number of reps and sets for the workouts.  This week I slightly decreased reps for some exercises but increased the tempo.

Picture 1

Wednesday and Thursday were also normal days, with slightly altered volumes.  

Picture 2

I am excited to max again next week and evaluate and talk about the gains that have been made! #staytuned

No comments:

Post a Comment

Summary of Learning - Becoming a Digital Citizen

To help me in my summary of learning, I used Simplemind, a mind map application that assists users to visualize, explain, and organize the...